"Start this recipe at least a day and up to a week before you want to serve it. Garnish with a wheel of lime and a basil leaf if you wish."
- Pour rose wine into ice cube trays. Freeze until solid, 8 hours to overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out watermelon cubes so they are not touching. Freeze until firm, at least 2 hours. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Return to the freezer.
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves, 2 to 3 minutes. Add basil; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain simple syrup into a jar with a lid. Discard basil leaves. Place in the refrigerator.
- Place rose ice cubes, frozen watermelon, chilled simple syrup, and lime juice in a large blender; blend until combined and smooth. Pour into glasses.
- Cook’s Note:
- This recipe works best with darker rose wines, such as Pinot Noir or Merlot varieties.
Per Serving: 268 calories;0.2 g fat;37.5 g carbohydrates;1.2 g protein;0 mg cholesterol;12 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article