"This recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law, one of the best cooks I know…and given that we’re from south Louisiana, that’s saying something.With the chopped up dried cranberries, these are as pretty as they are tasty."
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl; set aside. Beat the butter and confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts and orange zest. Mix in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Fold in the cranberries; mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, then roll into logs about 7 inches long. Wrap each log in wax paper or plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove wax paper, and cut the cookie dough into 1/2-inch slices. Arrange the slices on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm but not browned, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 153 calories;7.8 g fat;20.2 g carbohydrates;1.2 g protein;20 mg cholesterol;72 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article