"This is my great-grandma’s recipe that everyone loves!"
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups white sugar, butter, and eggs together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture until dough holds together.
- Mix 2 tablespoons white sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Form dough into 2-teaspoon-size balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place dough balls, about 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack for 7 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Cook’s Note:
- When removing cookies from the oven, they make look doughy still. By allowing them to continue to cook on the cookie sheet out of the oven prevents hard cookies.
- For storing cookies, place cooled cookies in a plastic container or plastic bag with a piece or two of bread to keep cookies soft.
Per Serving: 120 calories;5.5 g fat;16.5 g carbohydrates;1.4 g protein;24 mg cholesterol;92 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article