Baked goods can be difficult to make and can require lots of ingredients. However, appliance expert Russell Hobbs have shared a range of simple but delicious recipes including shortbread, flapjack and meringue. They all require four ingredients or less which you probably already have in your kitchen cupboards.
- Carrot cake recipe: How to make carrot cake
Many people prefer to home bake rather than buy goods from the shop as they know exactly what has gone into their baking.
The fewer the ingredients it takes to make a delicious bake, the less time it’ll take and the less work it’ll require.
These recipes include ingredients that you will probably already have stocked up at home.
• 250g porridge oats
• 125g butter
• 125g brown sugar
• 2-3 tbsps golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until fully mixed, but be careful not to oversize making sure the oats keep their texture.
3. Lightly grease a baking tin with butter and spoon in all the mixture
4. Place in the oven and bake on 180 degrees until golden brown (about 20 minutes)
Not only does this recipe require few ingredients, it also has simple and quick steps, meaning the preparation time for this bake could be as little as 10 minutes.
You can even add a thin layer of chocolate onto the top if you wish to add a little extra.
Giant cookie recipe: How to make a delicious giant cookie
No-flour pudding ideas: Great British Bake Off star Manon Lagréve’s exclusive recipe
Nadiya’s soda bread recipe: How to make Bake Off legend’s soda bread
• 125g butter
• 55g caster sugar, plus extra to finish
• 180g plain flour
1. Heat the oven to 190 degree celsius.
2. Beat the butter and the sugar together using a hand mixer until smooth.
3. Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste.
4. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until around one cm in thickness.
5. Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray.
6. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
7. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
8. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Although this recipe requires more steps, it only includes three ingredients so you know exactly what is going into your bake.
- Dough ball recipe: How to make the Pizza Express classic
Shop bought shortbread usually has preservatives added to them, allowing them to stay fresher for longer.
This bake will keep fresh if stores in an airtight container.
Although meringues tend to be tricky to master, these simple steps should create the perfect meringue.
• 4 egg whites
• 100g caster sugar
• 100g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 120 degrees celsius, and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Sift the sugars and set aside.
3. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until fairly stiff.
4. Add half the sugar and continue whisking until smooth and stiff peaks have formed.
5. Lightly fold in the remaining sugar with a metal spoon.
6. Spoon or pipe the mixture into 2cm deep circles.
7. Cook on the lowest shelf for around one hour.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
When whisking the mixture, it is important not to stop until stiff peaks have formed.
If the mixture is still slightly runny, the meringues will spread on the baking sheet and will end up flat rather than crispy shells.
Source: Read Full Article