Total Time: 10 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 sliders)
When you need an instant party, tailgate, or even a basic weekday meal prep winner, this Buffalo Chicken Salad has your back. It couldn’t be easier to mix up, and you’ll love the bright tang that Buffalo sauce, a squeeze of lemon, and crumbles of blue cheese add to creamy chicken salad. We love serving this Buffalo Chicken Salad on slider buns for easy entertaining, but you could just easily serve as lettuce wraps or with sturdy crackers.
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (from 3 small stalks)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (from 3 scallions)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buffalo-style hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 1 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8slider buns
- 8butter lettuce leaves (from 1 head)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
How to Make It
Toss together chicken, celery, and scallions in a large bowl; set aside.
Whisk together mayonnaise, hot sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice, Dijon, and pepper in a small bowl. Gently fold dressing into chicken mixture until evenly combined.
Place bottom of slider buns on a platter; top each with 1 lettuce leaf, some of the chicken salad, some of the blue cheese crumbles, and then top of slider buns.
Source: Read Full Article