"I received this recipe from a dear friend. This is a quick, great way to incorporate a fall vegetable into a comfort-food favorite. Sweet, creamy, and delicious."
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place butternut squash, cut-side down, on a baking sheet.
- Roast squash in the preheated oven until soft, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove squash flesh from skin and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook the rotini at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk flour and mustard into melted butter until smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk milk into flour mixture until the mixture has the texture of heavy cream, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir butternut squash, white Cheddar cheese, and Cheddar cheese into milk mixture until cheese is melted. Stir rotini into cheese mixture. Pour cheese mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread crumbs are golden, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 414 calories;15.6 g fat;51.9 g carbohydrates;17.7 g protein;46 mg cholesterol;307 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article