Active Time: 25 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Beans, bacon, and pasta come together for a delicious weeknight meal in under 30 minutes. We love adding green beans to pasta—their long shape works well with short, tubular noodles. Bright yellow wax beans add an extra pop of color to this weeknight supper, but if they aren’t available at your market, simply double the amount of green beans.
- 12 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 2garlic cloves, smashed
- 12 ounces fresh green and yellow wax beans, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high, until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in pan.
Add garlic to pan; cook over medium, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in beans, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender-crisp, 4 minutes. Stir in butter, pasta, and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water. Add lemon juice, 3/4 cup of the cheese, and remaining 1/2 cup cooking water. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in bacon. Sprinkle with chives, parsley, and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Source: Read Full Article