Active time: 20 min. Total time: 1 hour, 20 min.
Yield: Serves 15 (serving size: 2 bites)
These crowd-pleasing cranberry-brie bites are the easiest scratch appetizer you can make. Plus, unlike other shareable appetizers, these won’t make a mess. You’ll find the mini phyllo shells in the frozen foods section. These are best warm and hot, so cook them as you need them.
- 8 ounces frozen cranberries (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2(1.9-oz.) pkg. frozen mini phyllo pastry shells (such as Athens)
- 6 ounces Brie cheese (from 1 [8-oz.] round)
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted salted pistachios
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (from 1 lemon)
How to Make It
Combine cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, just until berries begin to burst, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl, and lightly mash with a fork. Chill, uncovered, 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place shells on a rimmed baking sheet. Tear cheese into small pieces, and divide evenly among shells. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and top each shell with 1/2 teaspoon of the cranberry mixture. Sprinkle evenly with pistachios and lemon zest. Transfer to a serving platter, and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article