Photo by William Chambers
Rice Chex cereal crushes up into a crunchy coating for these easy chicken fingers.
- 6 servings
- 2 cups gluten-free Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup Amy's Gluten-Free Mix or store-bought gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Using your hands, crush the Chex into a large bowl, and add the gluten-free mix and the salt and pepper. Pour this mixture into a large roasting pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, and then dump the chicken pieces into the eggs.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet to 350°F. Place a brown paper bag on the counter nextto where you are working so you can easily put the chicken on it to drain when you are done frying.
- One piece at a time, dredge the chicken in the flour coating. I like to really press the coating onto the chicken so it gets a super crunchy bite. Start by frying one piece at a time. Remove from the oil after 3 to 4 minutes, when the tenders are golden brown. Place on the brown paper bag. Repeat, frying no more than 4 tenders at a time.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans.
Source: Read Full Article