Active Time: :15 Mins
Total Time: :15 Mins
Yield: :Serves 6 (serving size: 2 cups)
Perfect for hectic weeknights, this easy taco salad recipe is something both kids and adults will love. The beauty of taco salad is that it’s entirely customizable to your favorite taco components, so feel free to stray from the recipe to accommodate whatever you’re craving and/or the ingredients you already have on hand. For example, you can easily swap in some diced avocado for the prepared guacamole. Pro-tip: Allowing the ground beef to sear before crumbling helps it to brown nicely without steaming.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes), plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 cups tortilla strips
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 cobs)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (from 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup store-bought refrigerated guacamole
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
How to Make It
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add beef; cook, without disturbing, until browned, about 3 minutes.
Use a spatula to break up beef, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in salsa and 1 teaspoon of the salt; set aside.
Meanwhile, whisk together lime juice, honey, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Slowly stream in remaining 1/2 cup oil, whisking constantly, until emulsified; set aside.
Combine romaine, tortilla strips, cheese, beans, corn, tomatoes, and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to combine. Top with dollops of guacamole and sour cream. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with lime wedges.
Source: Read Full Article