Active Time: :20 MinsChill Time:8 Hours Total Time:12 Hours 20 Mins
Yield: :Serves 12
A rainbow of in-season grapefruit adds a bright not to this rich, creamy cheesecake. To keep the cheesecake from getting soggy, arrange the citrus on top just before eating. If you have leftover cheesecake, remove the grapefruit and store separately in the refrigerator.
- 2 1/2 cups finely crushed crisp almond cookies (from 2 [3.5-oz.] pkg.)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5(8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5large eggs
- 2large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest plus 1⁄4 cup fresh juice (from 1 grapefruit)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grapefruit marmalade (such as Stonewall Kitchen)
- 1 tablespoon fresh grapefruit juice
- 3grapefruit, peeled, sliced, and patted dry
How to Make It
Prepare the Crust: Preheat oven to 325°F. Wrap outside of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Stir together cookies, butter, and sugar. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of pan. Bake until set, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely, 30 minutes.
Prepare the Cheesecake: Beat cream cheese with a heavy-duty stand mixer on medium speed until creamy, 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar and flour, beating until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in zest, juice, and vanilla on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan (it will be full); place on a rimmed baking sheet.
Bake at 325°F until center is almost set but still wobbly, 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely, 2 hours. Cover with aluminum foil; chill 8 to 12 hours. Run a knife around outer edge; remove sides of pan.
Prepare the Topping: Stir together marmalade and juice in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH, about 45 seconds; stir to make a glaze. Arrange grapefruit slices on Cheesecake; brush with glaze.
Source: Read Full Article