We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Greggs is one of the nation’s favourite bakeries, with all manner of sweet and savoury treats. With second lockdown in place across the UK, many once more spending more time in the kitchen and searching for new recipes.
Now some have taken to creating their own pastry goodness at home, with pictures across social media of budding bakers creations.
Express.co.uk has found two recipes, one for sausage rolls and another for sausage, bean and cheese melt from Greggs themselves.
Your kitchen will smell like a bakery in no time with these two easy recipes.
If you want to have a go at creating your own Greggs style sausage roll at home, below is a recipe you can follow!
Read More: Fish and chips takeway hack: How to make your own fish and chips
Greggs Style Sausage Roll by Flava-It – adding instant Flava to every day.
- Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 350g Pork Sausage Meat (or cheap pork sausages with the skins removed)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 Sachet Garlic & Herb Flava-it Seasoning
1. Preheat the oven to 220C (200C in a fan oven)/Gas mark 7.
2. Unroll the puff pastry sheet and cut in half lengthways. Brush each half with the beaten egg to within 1cm of the bottom of the long side.
3. Mix the sausage meat with 1 sachet of Flava-It Garlic & Herb to season (optional)
4. Divide the sausage meat mixture in half, place down the centre of each length of pastry in a sausage shape, leaving a 3cm border along one long-edge of each sheet, then brush just the border with beaten egg. Bring the top pastry edge over the filling press together to stick to the eggy border. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
5. Cut each sausage roll into 4 even lengths and make 3 cuts across the top surface of each roll with a knife. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another 4 sausage rolls.
How to cook duck [EXPLAINED]
How to make cookies – Can you make cookies without eggs? [RECIPE]
Diwali recipes: Five traditional foods to have this Diwali – recipe [ANALYSIS]
6. Place on a baking tray, brush all over with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Greggs has also shared themselves how to make their famous sausage, bean and cheese melt.
In a Facebook post, the bakers told customers to try a GIY or Greggs It Yourself and detailed how to make the tasty pastry.
Greggs wrote on Facebook: “If you’re craving a Sausage, Bean and Cheese Melt right now, we sadly can’t bake it for you, but here’s how to #GreggsItYourself.”
To make a sausage, bean and cheese melt you’ll need
- Puff Pastry
- An egg
1. Cut two squares of pastry and egg wash the edges
2. Squash your beans, chop up your sausages and place them both on top of one of the pastry squares. Sprinkle cheese over the top – you can make it as cheesy as you want.
3. Place the second pastry square over the top of the first, and use a fork to press down the edges firmly.
4. Egg wash the entire thing and then place in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C, or until the pastry is golden brown and piping hot.
Source: Read Full Article