Across the UK restaurants, bars and cafes are closed amid the lockdown conditions to combat the spread of coronavirus. Popular treats like McDonald’s, KFC and even Ikea meatballs are now being made at home as the public misses their favourite treats.
Across social media, home cooks have been sharing their recipe hacks, with some taking the internet by storm.
One popular treat has been ‘whipped coffee’ or Dalgona coffee as it is officially called.
Bakers Greggs have also been sharing their recipes for their coveted pastries.
Now one woman has come up with an ingenious way to make KFC at home.
Read More: Savvy shopper reveals how they reduced their monthly food bill
- High blood pressure: Seeds proven to lower reading
How to make KFC at home
One TikTok star has posted a tutorial to her channel The AvoKiddo, detailing how to get your KFC fix at home.
The recipe calls for ingredients found in everyone’s cupboard at home, including one rather interesting addition.
- 100g Chicken breasts (or however many you’d like to make)
- Chilli powder
- Oil – to fry
First, season an egg with salt, pepper, and however much chilli pepper you would like.
Whisk this mixture together until fully combined.
Add chilli pepper and flour together, and use this to coat the chicken breast.
Dip the flour-covered chicken breast in the egg mixture.
Gok Wan’s chicken noodle soup: This Morning cook shares easy recipe [FOOD]
Just Eat helps vulnerable families by delivering free food parcels [INSIGHT]
M&S has launched a new summer cocktail in a can and it’s just £2 [LATEST]
- Fresh food prices set to surge as coronavirus crisis cripples UK
Then, pour cornflakes onto a plate and dip the egg-covered chicken in the cornflakes, making sure the chicken breast is fully covered.
Finally, fry the covered chicken breast in hot oil until it is golden brown.
You can either eat as is and accompany with chips, or create an at home Zinger burger.
TikTokker The AvoKiddo added a burger bun, cheese, lettuce and mayonnaise to her chicken to create her burger.
Using cornflakes gives the fried chicken the perfect crunch, and will satisfy any KFC cravings.
You can also make KFC style gravy at home as an accompaniment, here is how.
- Chicken AND beef stock cubes (aka bouillon cubes) – for flavour and colour
- Hot water – to dissolve the cubes
- Flour – to thicken the gravy
- Onion or garlic powder – optional, for a hint of extra flavour
1. Dissolve stock cubes or powder in boiling water.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan and mix in flour
3. Pour in stock water while whisking and cook 1.5 minutes until thickened.
Source: Read Full Article