Photo by Chelsie Craig, Food Styling by Frances Boswell
If you’re making this hummus recipe for a finicky crowd, serve all the toppings in separate bowls and let people help themselves. Lots of toasted pita for scooping up everything is nonnegotiable.
- 4 servings
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Lamb and assembly:
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 11/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 lb. ground lamb or beef
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, divided
- 1 lb. summer squash and/or zucchini, cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- Toasted pita wedges (for serving)
- Process chickpeas in a food processor until powdery clumps form, about 30 seconds. Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and salt and process until smooth. With motor running, drizzle in 1/2 cup water and process until hummus is very smooth, light, and creamy. Spoon onto a large plate.
- Lamb and assembly:
- Mix together salt, coriander, cumin, and red pepper flakes (if using) in a small bowl. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add lamb and press into a large 1 1/4"-thick patty; sprinkle with half of spice mixture and half of garlic. Cook, without moving, until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn over in pieces and cook until other side is browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Continue to cook, breaking up and stirring, until cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Using a slotted spoon, scoop lamb over hummus.
- Pour out and discard fat and wipe out skillet. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil over high. Cook squash in a single layer, undisturbed, until browned, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture and garlic and cook, stirring, until squash is coated and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spoon squash over lamb. Drizzle with more oil and top with herbs. Serve with pita.
Source: Read Full Article