Sunday is all about relaxing and enjoying the last taste of freedom before heading back to work.
It’s a day for lie-ins, lounging and all round laziness if you’re lucky, so the perfect Sunday breakfast has to be quick and easy yet delightfully indulgent.
This morning, why not try Jamie Oliver’s one-pan breakfast? It’s a “super easy” recipe that’s on the table in just 25 minutes.
Jamie said: “Inspired by my old-favourite Midnight pan-cooked breakfast, this recipe is all about the principle of cooking breakfast in one pan.
“This dish serves three lucky people, but the quantities are easy to scale up and down, just change your pan size accordingly, and embrace the ingredients you’ve got. This is the food of champions.”
READ MORE: Jamie Oliver shares delicious 25-minute recipe for Chinese takeaway at home
- Three rashers of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon
- Four higher-welfare chipolatas
- Olive oil
- 160 g ripe tomatoes
- Four large free-range eggs
- Three slices of bread
Jamie Oliver shares top tip for poached eggs – ‘gorgeous’ every time[HACK]
Princess Kate and Prince William’s favourite meal – delicious and easy recipe[INSIGHT]
Perfect pumpkin cake for Halloween – ‘ghoulishly good’ recipe[RECIPE]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
- Whack a large non-stick (about 26cm) frying pan on a medium heat.
- Place the bacon and sausages in the pan and add ½ a tablespoon of olive oil. Fry for 10 to 12 minutes. The bacon should be gorgeously golden and the sausages are cooked through. Turn both occasionally.
- When your bacon and sausages are done, use tongs to carefully move them out of the pan. Leave the fat behind in the pan.
- Turn down the heat to low, then depending on their size, halve or quarter the tomatoes. Add them to the pan as you go and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Crack the eggs into the pan, using the tongs to move the tomatoes randomly on top of them.
- While the eggs fry, slice your bacon and sausages and return them to the pan. Space them about the pan so everyone will get a generous portion.
- Season to taste with black pepper, then cover with a lid until the eggs are cooked how you like them. Toast the bread.
- With a spatula, loosen the eggs around the edges, then slide the whole concoction onto a board or platter. Jamie compared the breakfast dish to a frisbee. Serve with toast. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article