Total Time: 20 Mins
Yield: Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
Looking for an easy Christmas cookie to make with the kids? These creamy and tangy citrus snowballs should do the trick. With ingredients that are easy to find and a melt-in-you-mouth texture, these snowballs make a festive snack, dessert, or even gift.
- 2(7.5-oz.) pkg. butter cookies (such as Pepperidge Farm Chessmen)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
How to Make It
Process cookies and 1 cup of the powdered sugar in a food processor until finely ground, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lime zest, lime juice, lemon zest, lemon juice, and corn syrup; pulse until mixture just begins to come together, 2 or 3 times. Add coconut, and pulse until mixture comes together completely.
Shape dough into about 30 (1-inch) balls. Place remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar in a shallow bowl; roll each ball in powdered sugar until coated. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 to 5 days.
Source: Read Full Article