A safety warning has been issued over a product sold in a number of supermarket stores. Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Iceland all stock the John West product that has been recalled. It was found to contain a possible contamination that would make it unsafe to eat.
- Asda, Tesco, Iceland recall: Urgent warning issued on food products
John West Sardines in Tomato Sauce
A warning has been issued over the item as it is thought to have a bacterial contamination.
This could cause a possible risk to the health of anyone who eats it.
The Food Standards Agency website said: “John West has taken the precautionary step of recalling Sardines in Tomato Sauce due to suspected bacterial contamination that has resulted in a small number of swollen cans.
“The presence of suspected bacterial contamination in the product may make the product unsafe to eat.”
The affected items are in the pack size of 120 grams with the batch codes KX319H and KX326H have been recalled.
All the items that pose a risk have the best before date of June 2022.
The recall warning has been put out to consumers as a precaution by John West.
The company issued point of sale notices that will be displayed in stores selling the product.
These give more information and offers advice to those who have bought the sardine item.
Any shoppers who have picked up the food item are being asked not to eat it.
Instead, they can return it to the store where it was bought for a full refund.
- Tesco urgent recall: Heinz products recall over safety fears
Although food recalls are not often issued, they should be taken seriously by consumers.
If a problem becomes apparent with a product, it can be withdrawn which means it is taken off shelves.
Alternatively, a recall is put out where customers are asked to return the product to store.
Recently, Co-op recalled Gro Sticky Toffee puddings because the glass ramekins could break when heated in the microwave.
This meant consuming the product was not safe for shoppers.
Iceland recalled Iceland Vegetable Lasagne as it may contain pieces of plastic or rubber.
The possible presence of this made the product unsafe to eat.
Source: Read Full Article