Total Time: 20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1/2 flatbread)
These easy Tuna Flatbreads look fancy, but start with a pantry staple: canned tuna. The fresh ingredients, like arugula and red onion slices, give canned tuna a whole lot of life. If you can’t find fresh herbs, feel free to use an herb-flavored cream cheese.
- 1(8.8-oz.) pkg. naan flatbreads
- 1(8-oz.) block softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs (such as dill, tarragon, chives, and parsley)
- 2 ounces arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1(5-oz.) can oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/8 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
How to Make It
Warm flatbread according to package directions, allowing it to get slightly crisp around edges. Set aside.
Stir together softened cream cheese, capers, and herbs in a small bowl until combined. Spread both pieces of flatbread evenly with cream cheese mixture, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Toss together arugula, olive oil, and l tablespoon lemon juice in a medium bowl until coated. Scatter dressed arugula over cream cheese mixture. Scatter drained tuna over arugula. Evenly scatter Parmesan and onions over tuna, sprinkle with pepper and lemon zest. Cut each flatbread into halves diagonally; serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article