"For something a little more light and fun, but still pretty easy."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).Watch Now
- Mix together the light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, thyme, cumin, 1 teaspoon of garlic salt, paprika, chili powder, and nutmeg in a bowl until thoroughly combined. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with the spice mixture, and place into a 9×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining seasoning mix on top of chicken, if desired.Watch Now
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is lightly browned, no longer pink inside, and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chicken breast should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).Watch Now
- While chicken is baking, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.Watch Now
- Chop half the pineapple slices. Mix the chopped pineapple, cilantro, and olive oil into the cooked rice, and season to taste with a pinch or two of garlic salt and black pepper. Fluff the rice up with a fork, and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the baked chicken, topped with remaining pineapple slices.Watch Now
Per Serving: 367 calories;4.8 g fat;51 g carbohydrates;28.5 g protein;67 mg cholesterol;606 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article