"This Puerto Rican rice with chicken recipe is a classic island-cuisine dish filled with the savory flavors of ham, pork, capers, olives, and tomatoes."
- Place chicken in a large bowl and cover with apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add pork and ham; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Add bell peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sofrito and recaito and cook for 1 minute. Season with oregano, cumin, and pepper. Add capers and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Pour in tomato sauce and olives; cook for another minute.
- Strain chicken and discard vinegar. Add chicken to the pot. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Adjust heat as need to simmer but not boil.
- Add broth, sazon, and rice to the pot. Stir until well mixed and return to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove pot from heat and stir.
- Editor’s Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of vinegar. The actual amount consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 491 calories;22.8 g fat;41.3 g carbohydrates;25.8 g protein;83 mg cholesterol;1315 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article