- Prep 45 min
- Total45 min
This light, fresh vegetarian main dish makes your meatless Monday a breeze, plus any leftovers are great for lunch on Tuesday!+
- 1Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain; rinse under cold water until cool. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in 5-quart Dutch oven, heat sesame oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add bell pepper, snow peas and whites of onions, reserving onion greens for garnish. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Remove vegetables from Dutch oven; set aside.
- 3Add gingerroot, garlic, honey and soy sauce to Dutch oven; heat to simmering. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Beat in orange juice with whisk; remove from heat. Add noodles to orange juice mixture; toss to coat.
- 4Divide noodles evenly among 6 bowls. Top with vegetables, oranges, sesame seed and onion greens.
- To section an orange, peel orange down to flesh, leaving no white pith. With sharp knife and between walls of membrane, cut segments straight down. Gently remove sections.
- Black sesame seed adds a great unexpected color and light crunch to this dish, but plain toasted sesame seed makes a great substitution.
- To pack an extra protein punch, top the noodles with baked tofu.
- If you are carefully watching your sodium intake, be sure to check the nutrition label of the soba noodles.The sodium levels can vary widely.We used soba noodles with 0 mg of sodium per serving in our calculations.
Source: Read Full Article