Dr Michael Mosley's radical new dieting approach
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Dr Michael Mosley and his wife, Dr Claire Bailey have created a new diet – Fast 800 Keto – to help even more people lose weight and get healthy. They believe their new plan “can be more effective in the short, medium and long term”. But what does it involve and why do they suggest skipping breakfast in favour of brunch?
“Many people believe long-term weight loss is next to impossible,” Dr Michael began. “I have heard over and over again that 99 percent of diets fail and people on them end up as fat, if not fatter, than when they started.
“There are lots of crazy diets out there…and, contrary to what many people believe, rapid weight loss diets – like my Fast 800 Keto plan – can be more effective.”
He went on to explain why: “Losing weight quickly is extremely motivating and many studies have shown that the amount of weight that you lose in the first four weeks of a diet is a powerful predictor of how you will do, long-term.
“So that’s why I’ve created my Fast 800 Keto plan in three distinct phases which allow you to ease back into real-world eating without the risk of undoing all that you have achieved.”
The diet expert added: “Throughout each phase of the Fast 800 Keto plan, you get to choose whether you prefer two meals a day or three.
“Many people – me included – find that skipping breakfast and having a hearty protein-packed brunch later in the morning really sets me up for the day and makes it much easier to keep my total calorie intake down.”
Dr Michael revealed how the Fast 800 team had created some “deliciously filling recipes” that “ensure you get the right balance of nutrients to lose weight rapidly without being tormented by hunger or cravings”.
Why is his Fast 800 Keto plan so good? He said: “One clever twist to this plan is the way it gradually evolves to ease you back into real-world eating patterns without risking weight gain.”
The second stage of the plan – the first being followed for two to 12 weeks
depending on how much weight you want or need to lose – is a 5:2 or 3:4 approach.
Dr Michael explained: “You simply stick to 800-900 calorie ‘fast’ days during the week – or for four or five consecutive days each week – then relax the rules at the weekends.
“When you do this multiple times you become ‘keto adapted’ and able to swiftly switch in and out of fat-burning mode.”
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by The Fast 800 (@thefast800_official)
The third and final stage is when “your healthy eating habits should be so engrained, you can happily remain at your new weight equilibrium”.
As for not maintaining your new weight? Dr Michael said: “Switching from three meals to two certainly helps make things easier long-term.”
He spoke about his own approach and added: “But by sticking to a healthy Mediterranean-style diet, skipping breakfast and enjoying a protein-filled brunch, combined with doing the odd fasting day to compensate if I have overindulged or I feel my trousers pinching, I manage to keep my weight, waist, blood sugars and blood pressure down, without calorie counting.”
Fast 800 Keto broccoli fritters with eggs and bacon
There are 462 calories per serving, 29g of protein and five grams of carbs.
The recipe serves two.
Quarter of a head of broccoli (approx 150g), finely chopped including the stalk
Two rashers smoked back bacon
Four tbsp ground almonds (approx 30g)
40g Cheddar cheese grated
Four medium free-range eggs
One tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas mark six and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the broccoli in a glass bowl with a splash of water, cover and microwave for one and a half minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
2. Place the bacon on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Stir the ground almonds, cheese and two of the eggs into the steamed broccoli and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Place a frying pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil. When hot, divide the fritter mixture into two and place in the pan.
4. Flatten the fritters slightly and fry for one to two minutes. Using a fish slice, carefully flip them over and cook for another one to two minutes on the other side.
5. Remove the fritters from the pan and keep warm. Add a splash of oil to the pan, if needed, and crack in the remaining eggs. Cook to your liking, then place the eggs on the fritters and top with the bacon to serve.
Source: Read Full Article