It’s Monday today which means many people will be setting themselves health and fitness goals for the week.
If you’re looking to lose weight, the NHS advises you get active for 150 minutes a week, aim to get your five a day, read food labels (green is usually healthier than amber or red), ditch sugary drinks for water, and cut down on foods high in sugars and fats.
Don’t try to lose too much weight too quicky. Between one to two pounds, or 0.5 to 1kg a week, is fine.
This week, why not try BBC Good Food’s broccoli pesto and pancetta pasta, by Esther Clark.
BBC Good Food said: “Serve this healthy bowl of pasta topped with cherry tomatoes for a quick and easy midweek meal. It’s tossed with broccoli pesto, and takes just 25 minutes to make.”
READ MORE: ‘Scrumptious’ and ‘healthy’ pasta dish is perfect for menopause diet – recipe
- 300g head broccoli, broken into florets
- 300g pasta (we used orecchiette)
- One tbsp pine nuts
- One large bunch of basil
- One large garlic clove
- Two tbsp parmesan, finely grated
- One tbsp olive oil
- 50g smoked pancetta, diced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
Princess Kate may eat ‘healthy and refreshing’ salad to stay slim – recipe[INSIGHT]
Letitia Dean may have lost four dress sizes in four months[PICTURES]
Expert shares 3 fruits that may slow down weight loss – ‘avoid’ them[EXPERT]
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Chuck in the broccoli and boil for five minutes. Remove brocolli with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the pasta to the same pan and cook according to packet instructions. At the same time, tip the broccoli into a food processor with the pine nuts, basil, garlic, parmesan and oil, blitzing until smooth. Season with black pepper and a little salt. Don’t go wild with the salt as the pancetta is already very salty.
- Set a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the pancetta for two minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for another three minutes, or until the tomatoes have softened. Toss the pasta with the broccoli pesto, tomatoes and pancetta to fully coat, and loosen with a splash of pasta water if needed. Plate up the pasta and enjoy. Serve with a crunchy salad.
Source: Read Full Article