150g dark chocolate, plus extra to serve
6 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg whites
100g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp brandy
75ml double cream
4 shortbread fingers
1. Break up the chocolate into pieces and melt in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of simmering water.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg whites until they reach soft peaks. While still whisking, gradually add the sugar 1 tbsp at a time until incorporated and the whites are stiff and glossy.
3. Remove the chocolate from the heat and beat in one-third of the egg whites.
4. Now gently fold through the remaining two-thirds being careful not to beat the air from the mix. Add the brandy and work in until you reach a smooth mixture.
5. Divide the mixture between 4 serving glasses and cool in the fridge for 2 hours.
6. When ready to serve, whip up the double cream and spoon a little mound atop each mousse. Finish with a dusting of grated dark chocolate over the top and serve with the shortbread fingers.
Source: Read Full Article