This feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content.Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- Prep 30 min
- Total40 min
Using Progresso™ broth and Pillsbury™ Grands!™ biscuits in this homemade chicken and dumplings recipe streamlines your prep time to just 30 minutes. You’ll be rewarded with a savory, steamy chicken in broth with light, fluffy dumplings as the topping.
carton (32 oz) Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (4 cups)
cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb)
can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Southern Homestyle refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
celery ribs, chopped
- 1In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat broth, chicken, soup and poultry seasoning to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
- 2On lightly floured surface, roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- 3Drop strips, one at a time, into boiling chicken mixture. Add carrots and celery. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
- Poultry seasoning is a flexible blend of sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, nutmeg, and black pepper. Every brand has its own proprietary ratio of each herb and spice, but sage tends to be the predominant flavor and is especially complementary to chicken. If you don’t have a bottle of a poultry blend, experiment and make up your own.
- Refrigerated biscuit dough is a natural stand-in for homemade dumplings—the dough is nearly identical, and you don’t have to mix up the dough. The strips will actually cook more evenly than if a large dumpling was dropped into the hot filling.
- The creamy filling is the right foil for leftover (or rotisserie) roasted or grilled chicken. Go beyond carrots and celery—try chopped leeks, broccoli, cut green beans, or sugar snap peas.
More About This Recipe
- This chicken and dumplings soup is super easy to make thanks to Pillsbury™ biscuit dough, but you can make it even easier! The recipe calls for cooked chicken; instead of cooking the chicken yourself and taking the time to shred it, pick up some shredded rotisserie chicken from the grocery store so all the prep work is already done for you. Have even more leftover rotisserie chicken? We have plenty morechicken soup recipes you can make after this one. And make your soups even better by reading some of ourbest tips and tricks for toppings and sides to serve with them.
Source: Read Full Article