Active Time: N/ATotal Time45 MIN
Yield: Serves : 6 to 8
After a quick sear in a skillet, crispy rounds of smoked sausage—like the classic version from Hillshire Farm—quickly transforms an everyday potato salad from a side dish into a satisfying meal. While the sausage adds a balanced smoky flavor, this salad gets a pleasantly salty bite from aged provolone cheese, plus a spicy kick from pickled peppers.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby Yukon gold potatoes
- Kosher salt
- One 14-ounce package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup drained sliced pickled peppers, such as peperoncini or wax peppers
- 1 Persian cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces aged provolone cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add a generous pinch of salt and simmer over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well and let cool slightly, then cut into 1-inch pieces.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat, turning once, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
In a large bowl, mix the potatoes with the sausage, tomato, pickled peppers, cucumber, provolone, parsley, scallions, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper and mix again. Serve at room temperature.
Source: Read Full Article