"Use your Instant Pot® to turn frozen chicken breasts, basmati rice, and whatever veggies you have on hand into a filling and delicious dinner on those nights when you don’t have time to mess with thawing your chicken. This is the perfect recipe if you forgot to take out the chicken from the freezer. Every time I make this I am so happy with how tender and juicy the chicken is, as well as how perfect the rice comes out; fluffy, never mushy."
- Pour rinsed rice into the bottom of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Stir in broth, olive oil, and salt. Add carrots, shallot, and garlic. Place frozen chicken breasts on top, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning over everything.
- Close and lock the lid. Select Poultry function, or high pressure, according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 12 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions for 5 minutes. Release any remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method. Unlock and remove the lid. Check the temperature of the chicken breasts at the thickest section; an instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove the chicken breasts and fluff the rice with a fork. Place the rice and vegetables on a plate. Top with chicken breasts and sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
- Cook’s Notes:
- The chicken breasts should be separated and frozen. If they are frozen together, add an extra 1/4 cup liquid and increase cooking time by 5 minutes.
- You can use any seasoning powder you prefer: Cajun, taco, curry. Any powdered mix will work.
- I have only used brown basmati rice with this recipe. Using white rice will require adjusting cooking time and amount of liquid.
- If the chicken breasts are not cooked through after the initial cook time, seal the lid and cook another 3 to 5 minutes, adding 1/4 cup liquid if needed.
Per Serving: 338 calories;8 g fat;38.4 g carbohydrates;29.4 g protein;67 mg cholesterol;967 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article