- Prep 30 min
- Total60 min
These large-batch freezer-friendly meatballs are great on their own, or added to your favorite recipes.
lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
medium white onion, finely chopped
tablespoons dried oregano leaves
cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.In ungreased baking pan with sides, arrange 1 lb bacon slices. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve bacon drippings in small bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, in large bowl, place 3 lb lean ground beef, chopped 1 medium white onion, 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves and 1/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs.
- 3Chop bacon into very small pieces; add to beef mixture. Using clean hands, mix beef mixture, making sure all ingredients are evenly distributed. Portion into about 30 (2-oz) pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- 4Place large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; pour reserved bacon drippings into skillet. Add meatballs; cook about 3 minutes on each side or just until seared. (You may have to do this in batches.)
- 5Place skillet in 350°F oven; bake 30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- If you prefer not to use your hands for mixing, a stand mixer is a great alternative.
- You can halve the size of the meatballs and use them for appetizer recipes.
- To freeze: Cook meatballs; allow to cool before placing in an airtight container and into the freezer.
Source: Read Full Article