- Total: 30 min
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 15 min
- Yield:12 biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Stir together the flour, powered milk, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter and shortening into the dry mixture until blended thoroughly.
- Fold in the buttermilk until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out the dough and use hands to press into a circle 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Cut out circles with a biscuit cutter or a glass. Place the biscuits in cast-iron skillets, then brush the tops with the melted butter.
- Bake until golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article