Wanna our famous dishes down here in Louisiana
- 1 lb Pork sausage -sliced
- 3 lbs chicken breast -chopped
- 4 onions -chopped
- 1 bellpepper -chopped
- 2 stalks celery -chopped
- 1 pack green onions chopped
- 2 Tbs Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Tbs cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- Couple dashes hot sauce
- Couple dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cups water I used half broth /water
- 3 cups rice / I used zatarains rice not box rice or u can use regular long grain rice !
Also season chicken with Cajun seasoning before cooking once that brown sausage an chicken together
Then add veggies an cook down till tender or till a lot water cooked out bout half way you can add seasons or wait till u put you water in!
Once veggies an meat cook down good add rice an stir constantly till the rice kinda expands, possibly 3-5 mins then add water or broth or like I do half an half then stir good let come to a hard boil
Once at a hard boil drop your fire to a simmer an let cook for about 20 mins, then cut your fire off, your pot should have liquid on the top just stir good don’t scratch the bottom of the pot this is called rolling your rice once that put lid back on an let soak up stem for about 15 mins then should be done !
Source: Read Full Article