- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked white rice(sushi rice)
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 pound cooked crab meat, drained of excess liquid and shredded
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 2 tablespoons drained pickled ginger, for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Wrap a sushi rolling mat completely in plastic wrap and set aside.
Bring water and rice to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer rice to a bowl and cut in rice vinegar using a rice paddle or wooden spoon. Season with 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste. Allow to cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Place a sheet of nori on a flat work surface. Spread a thin layer of rice on top of the rough side of nori. Place the nori, rice side down, on the prepared rolling mat. Place 2 to 3 avocado slices on top of the nori in one layer. Top with 2 strips tablespoons of the crab.
Roll the California roll into a tight log. Remove the rolling mat.
Cut roll into 6 even pieces using a wet knife and serve garnished with pickled ginger, soy sauce, and wasabi paste.
Source: Read Full Article