- cup size：width 5.6cm(2.2 in)×height 3.5cm(1.4 in) / 1 cup = 40ｍｌ
- ■ Caramel Jelly
- ・4g (2 tsp.) agar
- ・20g (1.7 Tbsp.) granulated sugar
- ・120g / 120ml (1/2 cup) water
- ・60 g (2.1 oz / 1/3 cup) granulated sugar (for caramel)
- ・2 Tbsp. water (for caramel)
- ・3 Tbsp. water (for caramel)
- ■ MIZU YOKAN (azuki bean Jelly)
- ・265 g / 265 ml (1 cup and 2 Tbsp) water
- ・230 g (8.1 oz) ''KOSHI-AN''
- (KOSHI-AN : smooth and sweet red bean paste / azuki bean paste)
- ・37g (3 Tbsp.) granulated sugar
- ・ 6.5g (about 1 Tbsp.) agar
- ■2-3 chestnuts (stewed in sugar)
★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/sV-QohJHf6U
Cut chestnuts small pieces. Line up mini cups.
【Caramel Jelly】Make caramel sauce. Put 60g (1/3 cup) granulated sugar and 2 Tbsp water in a small pot. Heat it on medium heat. When it becomes golden, turn off the heat. Add 3 Tbsp water.
Heat it again on low heat to make it smooth. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
Put granulated sugar and agar in a bowl. (granulated sugar : 20g / 1.7 Tbsp, agar : 4g / 2 tsp) Mix well to prevent the agar from becoming lumpy. Put 120ml (1/2 cup) water in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat a little after boiling.
Add the granulated sugar and agar in 4 part. Melt it completely each time. After all melted, heat it while mixing for a minute.
Add the caramel sauce. Heat it while mixing on medium heat for 1.5 min. Strain it with a tea strainer.
Pour a small amount into each mini cup. Wait for 5 min as it is. Put the chestnuts on it.
Gently scratch the surface. By doing this, the caramel jelly is attached to azuki bean jelly.
【MIZU-YOKAN (azuki Bean Jelly)】Mix well granulated sugar and agar. (granulated sugar : 37g / 3 Tbsp, agar : 6.5g / 1 Tbsp) Put 265 ml (1 cup and 2 Tbsp) water in a pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat a little after boiling. Add the granulated sugar and agar in 4 part. Melt it completely each time.
After all melted, heat it while mixing for a minute. Add sweet azuki bean paste (koshi-an). Mix well until it gets smooth on low heat.
After it gets smooth, heat it for 2 min while mixing on medium heat. Put the pot on a wet towel. Continue to mix for 1-2 min and cool down. Pour it into each mini cup.
Cool it down and cool in a fridge for over an hour. It’s all done!
Source: Read Full Article