- Prep 30 min
- Total60 min
A buttery crescent topping turns cheesy chicken and broccoli into a satisfying weeknight casserole. Enjoy family time with a chicken and broccoli casserole that can be made at any time of the year. This easy-prep crescent bake meal is just as good fresh out of the oven as it is reheated (and there will be plenty for leftovers). Make your chicken broccoli cheese casserole filling with simple ingredients topped with crispy Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls.
slices bacon, chopped
box (9 oz) frozen broccoli cuts
package (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms (about 2 1/2 cups)
cups shredded cooked chicken
jar (15 oz) four cheese Alfredo pasta sauce
cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz)
teaspoon black pepper
can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In 12-inch skillet, cook chopped bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- 3Microwave broccoli as directed on box. Set aside.
- 4In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon bacon drippings. Add mushrooms; cook over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in bacon, broccoli, chicken, Alfredo sauce, cheese and pepper until well blended. Spoon into baking dish.
- 5Separate dough into 8 triangles. Starting at short side of triangle, roll each triangle up halfway. Arrange over top of hot filling, alternating triangles to fit in baking dish.
- 6Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Cover with foil last 10 minutes of bake time to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
- Chopping bacon into smaller pieces before you cook will shorten the bacon’s cooking time.
- Rotisserie chicken is a good substitute for cooked chicken in this recipe. It is readily available in the deli section of the grocery store.
Source: Read Full Article