- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste(I used about 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup marsala cooking wine
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 green onion, chopped
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking dish and set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Saute mushrooms in melted butter 2-3 minutes until tender and fragrant.. Use a slotted spoon to transfer mushrooms to a bowl or plate and set aside.
Toss chicken breasts in the flour to coat. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side in the same pan you used for the mushrooms(do not clean the pan in between).. Transfer chicken to your prepared baking dish. Scatter mushrooms over the chicken.
Add marsala wine and chicken broth to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium – low and simmer 5 to 10 minutes. Pour over chicken and mushrooms.
Mix together cheese, sprinkle over chicken and mushrooms. Sprinkle green onions on the top. Cover dish with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and serve.
Source: Read Full Article