- Prep 10 min
- Total35 min
Chicken pot pie is the perfect cozy comfort meal to serve up to your crew on a chilly weeknight! Pillsbury™ crescents bake up into a buttery, flaky crust that, when combined with a creamy, hearty chicken-and-vegetable filling, make this easy dinner casserole a new family favorite.
bag (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
cups cubed cooked chicken
can (10 3/4 oz) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
can (10 3/4 oz) condensed reduced-fat reduced-sodium cream of mushroom soup
can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1In large bowl, mix vegetables, chicken and soups. Pour into greased or sprayed 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish.
- 2Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles; press perforations to seal. Place rectangles over chicken mixture; pinch center edges to seal. Press outside edges of dough to edges of baking dish.
- 3Bake at 350°F 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Jennifer Houck Spink
- Switch out the frozen mixed vegetables for your family’s favorite frozen veggie.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over your crust during the last 5 minutes of baking for an extra-yummy flavor addition.
- Use cubed rotisserie chicken in this recipe for a quick-prep shortcut.
More About This Recipe
- When you want something that tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen, without actually spending all day in front of a hot oven, this chicken pot pie casserole does the trick. With only five ingredients it is an easy, hardy meal that is perfect for busy nights. Using smart shortcuts like frozen vegetables, pre-cooked chicken, canned soups and refrigerated crescent rolls means it is ready in 35 minutes or less. If your family loves classic comfort food our list of quick and easy pot pies is sure to be a hit.
Source: Read Full Article