Active Time: 15 MinsTotal Time15 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Adding deli-fried chicken tenders to a fresh green salad not only adds interest and taste to an ordinary bowl of salad, but it turns a side dish into a main dish. This recipe, a fresh spin on the much-loved Asian-flavored coleslaw, requires only a few minutes of chopping and mixing; no cooking involved. To guarantee a smooth and creamy dressing, slowly whisk in each of the ingredients in the dressing to prevent it from breaking. If made in advance, whisk the dressing one more time to ensure all the ingredients are blended.
- 1 pound deli-fried chicken tenders (about 6 large tenders), chopped
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw mix (from 1 [10-oz.] pkg.)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (from 1 head cabbage)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (from 4 scallions)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
How to Make It
Toss together chopped chicken tenders, coleslaw mix, cabbage, scallions, cilantro, and 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts in a large bowl.
Whisk together lime juice and peanut butter in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk in oil, soy sauce, vinegar, light brown sugar, and crushed red pepper, whisking until creamy.
To serve, pour dressing over salad mixture; toss to coat ingredients evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup peanuts.
Source: Read Full Article