I had some leftover Ricotta Cheese, so I decided to use it in meatballs. These are very tender and flavorful.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 \2 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 \4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 \2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 \2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 \2 Medium Onion Minced Dice
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced Diced
- 1 \4 Cup Chopped "FRESH" Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 30 Ounces Marinara Sauce
Combine first 10 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Let set for a few minutes. Note: if using dried parsley flakes, 1Tablespoon is plenty.
Mix in ground beef until mixture comes together. Do not over mix. Keep mixture cool until ready to cook.
Heat marinara sauce to a low simmer in stock pot. Gently add meatballs and cover. Simmer meatballs for 20 minutes. Gently flip meatballs over and simmer another 10 minutes. Shake pot around every 5 minutes or so to keep anything from sticking.
Garnish with any additional cheese of your liking. Goes well with pasta for a very hearty meal. Enjoy
Source: Read Full Article