- Prep 40 min
- Total1 hr10 min
If you like French onion soup, you’re going to love this chicken pasta bake! It’s made flavorful with sweet onions and a crispy panko topping, and made easy thanks to rotisserie chicken.
oz uncooked fettuccine noodles, broken into thirds
cups halved and thinly sliced sweet onions (about 2 large onions)
tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
tablespoons all-purpose flour
cups Progresso™ beef flavored broth (from 32-oz carton)
cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
cups shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz)
tablespoons butter, melted
cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs (from 8-oz box)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package, using minimum cooking time.
- 2In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat. Add onions, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 11 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are starting to brown.
- 3Sprinkle flour over onions in skillet; cook and stir about 1 minute. Stir in broth; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in chicken and cooked pasta, mixing to combine.
- 4Add half of the mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top with remaining pasta mixture, then remaining cheese. Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- 5In small bowl, mix Topping ingredients. Remove cover; sprinkle on top of pasta mixture; bake 5 to 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and mixture is heated through.
- Try substituting shredded mozzarella cheese for the Swiss cheese, if desired.
- Leftover cooked chicken also works in place of rotisserie chicken.
Source: Read Full Article