This feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content.Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- Prep 10 min
- Total60 min
Loaded with chicken, rice and plenty of cheddar cheese, this easy casserole is the definition of cozy comfort food. Plus, it’s not hard to make! It only requires 10 minutes of prep time before going into the oven. This cheesy chicken bake recipe gets a crunchy topping made from extra cheese and buttery bread crumbs, and finished off with a bit of chopped fresh parsley for a seriously irresistible dinner—trust us, you’re going to want seconds.
tablespoons butter, melted
cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
package (14 oz) chicken tenders (not breaded), cut into bite-size pieces
cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
teaspoon garlic powder
cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix melted butter and bread crumbs until well mixed. Set aside.
- 2In baking dish, mix chicken, rice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chicken broth and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese until well mixed.
- 3Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 4Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese and the bread crumb mixture evenly over rice mixture. Bake about 5 minutes or until crumbs are light golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- For best results, be sure to use regular long-grain white rice instead of instant rice since it will lose its texture when baked.
- Don’t have garlic powder in your pantry? You can use fresh garlic, too. Substitute one clove of chopped garlic for every 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder. Of course, you can adjust the amount of garlic to your taste. Add more or less depending on your family’s preference!
- If you don’t have any parsley on hand, you can also garnish this chicken bake recipe with fresh oregano or thinly sliced basil leaves.
- Serve this delicious main dish with a fresh garden salad or cooked broccoli.
More About This Recipe
- This Garlic Cheddar Chicken Bake is a chicken casserole that will make waves at your next potluck. With only 10 ingredients, this dish combines the rich flavors of bite-sized chicken tenders, rice, Progresso chicken broth, garlic and oh-so-good cheese.On the off-chance you have leftovers, don’t worry—this cheesy chicken bake is refrigerator-friendly and reheats well, so you can eat leftovers the next day. While National Garlic Day is April 19, this dinner can be shared with your family any night of the week.For more family dinners that feature your favorite bird, check out our easy chicken recipes and bring the “bawk” back to your table.
Source: Read Full Article