- Total: 1 hr 10 min(includes building up pressure)
- Active: 35 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Put 1 tablespoon oil in a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot® multi-cooker. Add the sausage and set to the "Saute" function. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is crispy on the edges, about 3 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and cook until the onions just start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Put in the white wine to deglaze. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pot. Add 1 cup chicken broth and stir to combine. Cancel the heat, place an Instant Pot® trivet into the sauce and prepare to assemble an Instant Pot® stackable steamer insert.
- Add the milk, grits, thyme, remaining 2 cups chicken stock, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the bottom pan of the steamer and stir to combine. Top with the second steamer.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes with the bell peppers and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the top pan of the steamer. Cover with the lid, fold the metal clamps around both steamer baskets and place inside the Instant Pot®. Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and set the steam valve to "Sealing." Set to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and remaining tablespoon oil in a small bowl to evenly coat and set aside.
- Once the pressure cooking is complete, turn the steam valve to "Venting" and allow the steam to release until all the pressure is gone. Open the Instant Pot® and carefully remove the stackable steamer baskets and trivet. Unfold the metal clamps to separate the baskets.
- Pour the top basket of softened vegetables in the sauce in the bottom of the Instant Pot®, along with the hot sauce, if using. Stir in the shrimp and return the lid to the Instant Pot®. Allow the residual heat to cook the shrimp until opaque and cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
- Remove and discard the thyme sprigs from the grits. Stir in the butter cover with the lid to keep warm.
- Serve the grits topped with the shrimp and sauce and sprinkled with the chives and serve immediately.
Settings may vary on your Instant Pot® depending on the model. Please refer to the manufacturer's guide.
Source: Read Full Article