- Yield:Makes: 12 granola cookies
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. Toss the oats, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, wheat germ and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter with 2 tablespoons maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the syrup mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 1 1/2 hours. Remove the mixture from the oven, but leave the oven on.
- Transfer the granola to a large bowl. Stir in the remaining maple syrup, the dried fruit and egg whites. Spray twelve 1/2-cup nonstick muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and firmly press about 1/3 cup of the mixture into each. Bake until set, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer the muffin tin to a rack and cool 15 minutes before unmolding. Store cooled granola up to 1 month at room temperature in a tightly sealed container.
- From Food Network Kitchen
Source: Read Full Article