This was supposed to be a Beef Tacos dish, but the sauce was so delicious that I decided to use it as A Bolognese sauce! Feel free to use it either way, the only difference is the addition of milk / cream at the end.
PS: This could be made in a Slow Cooker (8.5 hours on low or 4.5 hours on high) or in a heavy cooking pan (4.5 – 5 hours using low heat)
- 2 Cups Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 3 Poblano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 Cup Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons ground Cumin
- 2 lbs Boneless Beef Chuck, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons salt (adjust accordingly)
- 2 Tablespoons (or more) Adobe sauce or other hot sauce of your choice
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 1 Cup whole Milk or Heavy Cream (if you're making the Bolognese version)
In a blender, combine tomatoes, onion, peppers, broth, Cumin, tomato paste. Cover and blend until smooth.
Place beef in slow cooker (or cooking pan), add Adobe / hot sauce, cover and cook as described above. When done, meat should be very tender.
If going for the Tacos version, serve beef on tortillas or tacos and drizzle with the sauce and some lime juice.
If going for Bolognese sauce: Add the milk / cream and cook for another 5 minutes on very low heat. Serve with pasta of your choice.
Source: Read Full Article