Active Time: 25 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 6
Porch parties and backyard cookouts call for shrimp-salad sliders with a little kick. Everyone will devour these cute little sandwiches made with shrimp, celery, and pickled jalapenos. If you are bringing these rolls to a party, transport the prepared shrimp-salad mixture, toasted rolls, and fresh toppings separately. Then assemble the Mini Shrimp Rolls just before serving.
- 1 pound medium unpeeled raw shrimp
- 1celery stalk, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices, plus 1 tsp. pickled jalapeño liquid from jar (from 1 [16-oz.] jar)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12oblong mini brioche rolls, top-sliced (from a bakery)
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves
How to Make It
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over high. Add shrimp; remove from heat. Cover; let stand until shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain; let stand at room temperature until cooled, 10 minutes. Peel and roughly chop.
Stir together next 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon of the chives in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss to combine.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Place 6 rolls in skillet, top sides down, gently pulling rolls open so insides of rolls toast, about 1 minute. Remove rolls from skillet; set aside. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and 6 rolls.
Fill each roll with 2 tablespoons shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon chives and celery leaves; serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article