- Prep 30 min
- Total40 min
Start the day off right with these tasty and ultra-easy breakfast tacos.
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 4cups cubed (about 1 inch) potatoes
- 2 1/2tablespoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 8soft corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 8eggs, beaten
- 1/2cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place bacon slices in ungreased cookie sheet with sides. When oven is preheated, bake bacon 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Coarsely chop bacon into small pieces.
- 3While bacon is baking, heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; stir to coat in hot oil. Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over potatoes; stir to mix. Cook potatoes 15 to 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes, until potatoes are soft when pierced with tip of knife.
- 4In ungreased 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish, place tortillas standing against each other to form taco shells.
- 5In another skillet, cook and stir beaten eggs over medium heat until they begin to scramble. Remove from heat.
- 6Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup potatoes. Divide scrambled eggs and bacon evenly into each. Top each with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- 7Bake 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Cube the potatoes a day ahead and store in cold water in the refrigerator overnight.
- Adjust the amount of taco seasoning mix to suit your spice level.
- Wrap leftovers in foil and reheat in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article