- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:4 servings (12 pancakes)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with two kitchen towels stacked on top of each other and place in the oven. This will keep your cooked pancakes warm.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, confectioners’ sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. Whisk the milk, eggs, melted butter and almond extract together in another bowl. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and whisk until ingredients are just incorporated and batter is thick (it’s okay if there are some lumps). Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and brush with butter. Ladle 1/4 cup batter onto the skillet; repeat to make a second pancake. Arrange 4 peach slices over each pancake and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon brown sugar. Cook, until pancakes are golden on the bottom and bubbly on top, about 1 minute 30 seconds. Flip the pancakes and cook until the peaches and sugar are caramelized and the batter is cooked through on the second side, about 1 minute 30 seconds more. Transfer the pancakes, fruit side up, to the baking sheet in the oven, tucking them between the two kitchen towels. Repeat with the remaining batter, peaches and brown sugar to make more pancakes, brushing the skillet with more butter between each batch.
- To serve, place 3 pancakes, fruit side up, on each plate. Sprinkle with almonds, dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve immediately with maple syrup or whipped cream.
When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off the excess. (Scooping directly from the bag compacts the flour, resulting in dry baked goods.)
Source: Read Full Article