- Total: 2 hr 40 min
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 2 hr 20 min
- Yield:6 servings
For the soup:
For the bread:
- Make the soup: Combine the bacon, onion, garlic, tomato paste, smoked paprika, Creole seasoning and chili powder in a food processor; pulse to make a coarse paste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add the bacon-spice paste and cook, stirring occasionally, until dark brown, about 6 minutes. Add the ribs, turning to coat. Stir in the vinegar and molasses, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth and 2 cups water. Cover and bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and gently simmer, stirring once or twice, until the ribs are tender, 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a cutting board and shred the meat; discard the fat and bones. Position the pot halfway off the burner and increase the heat to medium. The fat will migrate to the cooler side; use a ladle to skim it off. Reposition the pot over the burner and add the shredded pork and the beans. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bread: Spread each slice evenly with the butter and relish. Top with the scallions and parsley. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the bread.
Source: Read Full Article