"This dinner bowl recipe comes together in mere minutes and appeals to vegans and omnivores alike. To bring this meal together even faster, make the avocado-cilantro sauce earlier in the day. We like to keep the corn raw for extra crunch and a fresh flavor, but feel free to use cooked, frozen and thawed, or canned corn kernels, if that’s what you prefer."
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt butter in skillet; add rice and beans, stirring frequently. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add water, as needed, to get rice to desired texture. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a blender or mini food processor, combine 1/2 of an avocado, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and lime juice. Blend until sauce is thin. Add water if needed.
- In 4 separate bowls, evenly divide rice and bean mixture, tomatoes, and corn. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of avocado-cilantro sauce. Top evenly with remaining avocado and cilantro. Add 1 tablespoon crushed tortilla chips to each bowl.
- Nutrition Facts per serving:
- Calories 472; Fat 19g (28%); sat 4g (18%); Protein 14g; Carb 70g (23%); Fiber 15g (54%); Sugars 6g (added sugars 0g); Sodium 539mg (27%)
Source: Read Full Article