- Total: 1 hr
- Active: 40 min
- Yield:8 zucchini boats
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- With a teaspoon, scoop out the flesh from the interior of the zucchini, so they resemble boats. Place the zucchini boats in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let heat through. Add the sweet and the hot Italian sausage, and cook for 4 minutes. Add the garlic, onion, chopped zucchini flesh, tomatoes and some salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add the Parmesan, mozzarella, breadcrumbs and parsley; mix to combine.
- Spoon in and mound the sausage mixture into the zucchini boats. Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over top. Place in oven and bake until golden on top, 20 minutes.
Source: Read Full Article