Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Sprinkled with a Cajun seasoning blend and brushed with a mixture of lemon juice, hot sauce, and melted butter, these kebabs pack a flavorful punch. Even better, they cook in minutes. Make sure the grill is very hot so that the okra will char. And choose smaller okra pods; they are more tender and will fit better on the skewers.
- 8 ounces large peeled and deveined raw shrimp, tail-on
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into 1⁄2-inch rounds
- 6 ounces small okra pods, halved lengthwise (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (such as Slap Ya Mama)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (such as Crystal)
- Lemon wedges
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F); or heat a grill pan over high, and lightly grease. Combine shrimp, sausage, okra, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Thread mixture onto 8 (8-inch) skewers, with sausage rounds inside shrimp and alternating with okra slices.
Place kebabs on lightly greased grill grate or in grill pan. Grill, uncovered, until okra is charred and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 1⁄2 minutes per side. Transfer kebabs to a serving plate. Stir together butter, lemon juice, and hot sauce; brush on kebabs. Serve with lemon wedges.
Source: Read Full Article