As long as I can remember these thick skinned oranges have been growing wild here in Florida. So bitter and big in taste. We have always used as marinades for pork and many other meats.
- 2 large sour oranges
- 8-3/4 pound pork picnic ham
- 24.5 ounces mojo marinade
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons dried whole oregano leaves
- 10 leaves bay leaf
- 2 large onion
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons Hungarian paprika ground
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 pound Normandy blend vegetables
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Score the pork picnic.
Cut the oranges into wedges. Remove the seeds and the white core.
Squeeze the orange wedges and put into the roaster at the bottom.
Place the pork in the roaster skin side up. Pour the sour orange juice over the top.
Add the salt carefully add a little mojo marinade to the top and the rest pour in the sides of the picnic.
Add the rest of the spices and bring to a boil. Add the drops of honey on top. Cover and put into the oven. Cook 2 hours covered.
Cut the pork up add back to roaster. Add vegetables add cover back.
Cook till done, about an hour. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!
Source: Read Full Article